City Clearances & Licenses
- Proper zoning designation is required for business operations within the City of Azusa.
- A business license (business tax receipt) is required.
- Building permits are required for construction / remodeling.
- Electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and/or fire permits may be required.
- Permits may be required for use / storage / handling of chemicals, or sites with toxic problems.
County, State, & Federal Clearances & Licenses
- Businesses may be required to file a fictitious business name with the County (unless a corporation).
- Corporations are required to file with the state.
- Retailers, wholesales, and manufacturers must obtain permits from the State Board of Equalization.
- Some professions / businesses require state licenses.
- The IRS and the State Employment Development Department require that certain forms be filed if employees will be hired.
- Knowledge and understanding of the California Occupational Safety and Health Act is recommended.