Administrative Services consists of Finance, Human Resources and Risk Management related functions. The goal of the Department is to provide the Azusa Community with the most qualified employees whose dedication is to provide all community members with transparent and quality services.
We provide support services to City departments and the community we proudly serve.
SUPPORT & SERVICES PROVIDED
The Finance Division provides internal and external reporting of the City’s financial health and works to stretch the community’s tax dollars and assure that proper controls are in place for disbursing City monies.
Main support functions of Finance are:
- Payroll – handles proper payment to City Staff in accordance with employment contracts and payroll laws
- Accounts payable – ensures vendors are paid timely and accurately
- Purchasing – ensures procurement policies are met in accordance with Federal and State laws and City Ordinance
- Inventory control – manages internal stock of materials to assist with efficient and timely services throughout the Community
- Cash management – ensures proper handling of cash for city-wide operations
- Financial reporting – provides timely, transparent, and relevant reporting on City financial transactions
- Budgeting and cost analysis – prepares and monitors citywide appropriation of funds and recommends adjustments as needed
The Human Resources Division administers the City’s Personnel & Risk Management Programs such as:
- Recruitment and Selection – responsible for recruiting and retaining the City’s workforce.
- Classification and Compensation – responsible to ensure positions are classified appropriately and compensated within their respective markets
- Employer/employee relations – oversees labor relations, investigation of employee misconduct, grievances, discipline, labor negotiations and contract administration
- Employee benefit administration – oversees medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurances, retirement, deferred compensation, and employee leave programs
- Liability claims administration – manages general liability claims filed against the City
- Workers’ compensation claims administration – manages employee industrial injury claims, including follow-up and after care of employees
- Insurance review – ensures contractors and special events sponsors carry adequate insurance to appropriately protect the City (General Liability Insurance, Property Insurance, and Workers’ Compensation (self-insured) coverage for the City)