Small Business Grant Program
The City of Azusa Small Business Grant (SBG) Program is available to local business that have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The City is offering grants up to $10,000 to businesses that:
- Create or retain a job for a low- and moderate-income person
Small Businesses located in the City of Azusa with less than 500 employees that were impacted by COVID-19, are one of the following business types and meet the criteria below:
- Restaurants, coffee shops, bakeries, cafés, gastropubs, etc.
- Salons, barbers, and other grooming businesses
- Gyms, day spas, and fitness studios
- Retail and Commercial stores such as consumer goods, electronics and appliances, health and sporting goods, furniture, clothing and shoes, kitchen equipment, books and entertainment stores, music and audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Active business license in our City
- No unresolved City, municipal or health code violations
- Business in continuous operation in our City for at least two years
Use of Grant Funds:
Grant funds can be used for operational business expenses such as:
- Employee payroll;
- Working capital to continue operations;
- Payment of outstanding business expenses; and
- Adaptive practices needed to remain open (i.e. equipment and supplies for physical distancing).
How to Participate
Businesses submit an intake form during the 5-day open application period. After the 5-day period, a lottery will be conducted and selected businesses will be requested to complete an application. The Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA) will work with the selected businesses on behalf of the City of Azusa to complete an application form, execute an agreement and provide the grant funds directly to the business owners.
Below is the timeline and corresponding due dates:
|Due Dates||Program Activities|
| August 24-28, 2020
|| Open Intake Period for Eligible Businesses.
| September 2, 2020
|| A lottery will be completed to select the number of eligible businesses that the SBG Program can fund.
| September 2-18, 2020
|| Selected businesses will complete full applications and grant agreements.
| September – October 2020
|| LACDA issues grant checks to businesses.
Questions? Submit your inquiry at email@example.com or call (626) 812-5299
This Program will be administered by the Los Angeles County Development Authority Funded by U.S. Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant.