Azusa Walks is a one-year effort to develop the City’s first Pedestrian Master Plan. Azusa Walks will provide an overview of the pedestrian travel network in the City, identify barriers and provide options to improve conditions that will encourage walking. Azusa Walks will make walking in the City safer, comfortable, convenient and more accessible for pedestrians of all ages and abilities.
Benefits of developing Azusa Walks include:
- Encourages walking
- Increases pedestrian safety
- Provides an alternative to driving
- Connects to transit
- Increases social interactions on streets
- Improves physical and mental health
- Builds strong communities and livable neighborhoods
Over the course of the next year the project team will conduct a number of activities to inform development of the plan, including:
- Collect public input and feedback via a survey, focus groups, and outreach
- Conduct presentations to update stakeholders and the public on our progress
- Collect counts of pedestrians currently walking on city streets
- Review of citywide pedestrian collision data
The project is supported by an advisory committee composed of members of the Azusa Planning Commission, Parks & Recreation Commission, Senior Advisory Committee, Azusa Unified School District and Azusa Pacific University.
- Elizabeth Ramirez, Planning Commission
- Mitchell Loera, Parks & Recreation Commission
- Christell Hutchinson, Senior Advisory Committee
- Anjelica Juarez, Azusa Unified School District
- Maureen Taylor, Azusa Pacific University
How can I get involved?
People who live, work, or play in Azusa are invited to help the City develop plans for a safer, healthier, more walkable Azusa.
Sign up for project emails. Share images and thoughts on walking in Azusa on social media by using the hashtag #AzusaWalks.
Azusa Walks is made possible by a grant from the Southern California Association of Governments.
Azusa Walks Flyer - English
Azusa Walks Flyer - Spanish
Business Talks: Azusa Walks - Business Stakeholder Workshop
Azusa Walks Community Meeting Flyer - June 29, 2021
Azusa Walks 2nd Community Meeting Presentation Slides
Azusa Walks 3rd Community Meeting Flyer - January 19, 2022
Azusa Walks Pedestrian Master Plan
Azusa Walks Pedestrian Master Plan - Appendices
Sign Up for Emails