Correcting these problems can prevent serious injuries and fires:
- Frayed wires
- Overloaded electric outlets
- Overloaded circuits
- Electric appliances around water
When outdoors, to prevent serious injuries:
- Do not fly metallic balloons outdoors
- Do not release kites or any types of balloons near power lines
- Keep children away from all electric equipment, especially transformer boxes
- Make sure children never climb trees around power lines
Power Outage Tips
If your power goes out, there could be several causes. Check your breakers if you have partial lights out to see if one is tripped. Turn it all the way off and then back on to reset it. If the breaker continues to trip off, unplug all appliances on that circuit. Check for faulty cords, appliances, or outlet overloading, and correct the problem before resetting the breaker. If you are unable to resolve the problem, check with a qualified electrician.
If you have no lights at all, check your breakers to make sure they are all on. Also, check with neighbors to see if they are out as well. (Be aware that rolling blackouts are now a part of California life and every effort to conserve will help to reduce the chance of our city having to participate in the blackouts.) If you are the only one without lights, contact our customer service department at (626) 812-5225 to have someone check on your situation.