When a Dial It Down Alert is called, customers can take simple steps to reduce their natural gas use, such as:
• Setting their thermostat to 68 degrees when you are home and 55 degrees when you are not home.
• Waiting until off-peak hours to use natural gas appliances;
• Washing clothes with cold water;
• Taking shorter hot showers;
• Reducing the temperature on water heaters;
• Running only full loads of dishes and clothes;
• Using low-flow shower heads;
• Keeping windows and doors closed when the heater is on; and
• Dressing warmer.